Pages

Sunday, January 2, 2011

Jamaica Gates - Arlington, Texas

Jamaica Gates was a little disappointing on a couple of different levels.  We showed up on a Sunday a little after 12 noon when they opened up.  They didn’t have any rice ready or being cooked when we showed up.  So, we had to wait quite a while for our food.

I think that they hadn’t baked any bread yet either because the bread tasted a day old.  I think that they actually served us day old bread and tried to pass it off as fresh.

The atmosphere was okay.  As a Caribbean restaurant, I half expected some strong atmosphere from that part of the world.  The restaurant was actually kind of ordinary except for the Bob Marley flags and Bob Marley music playing. 

On a positive note, I ordered a jerk chicken salad which was pretty good.  I appreciated the fact that a Triple-D restaurant had something on the menu that wasn’t a heart attack on a plate.

So, I’m glad that I tried it but, I’m in no rush to get back to Jamaica Gates.  I'd give it a 4 out of 10 on the Triple-D scale.

Jamaica Gates


1020 W. Arkansas (SW corner of Cooper and Arkansas)
Arlington, Texas 76013
Phone: (817) 795-2600

No comments:

Post a Comment