Pages

Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Pat's BBQ - Salt Lake City

This was the first time that I'm reviewing a restaurant that I only did take-out with.  I did walk into the restaruant and even sat down.  The only thing was that I did not have a lot of time to spare and this seemed like a kick-back and take it easy type of place.  There's nothing wrong with that.  It just wasn't something that I could do today.

When you walk in you are first in a hallway.  It is unclear where the actual restaurant is.  There are signs pointing you in the direction of whatever you are looking for.  The first door on the right is the take-out window room.  Down the hall and to the left is a bar area.  Straight ahead and outside is an outdoor area with picnic tables set up.

 I sat down at a picnic table and judging from the cadence of the conversation that the only waiter was having with the only other people in the restaurant, I figured that I had better just do take-out.  So, I went back inside.

The meatloaf was one of the specials.  So, I went for it.  They used a BBQ sauce on it and the meat itself had a smokey BBQ flavor to it that was really good.  It came with cornbread, mashed potatoes and I ordered some coleslaw. The coleslaw was fresh, crispy and nice.  The mashed potatoes had a regular meat gravy on them.  I thought that the gravy and BBQ mix didn't quite work well together.  It should have been one or the other.

Overall, I thought that it was very good though.  I liked both the food and the atmosphere.  I was chatting with another guy waiting for take-out also.  He had been here many times before.  I got the impression that it was more of a night-time place when Pat's becomes alive.

I'd give it a 9.5 and would suggest anyone to try it out.

Pat's BBQ
155 W. Commonwealth Ave
Salt Lake City, UT 84115
Phone (801) 484-5963


No comments:

Post a Comment