Pages

Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Dressel's Public House - St.Louise, MO

It was  an exceptionally nice summer evening when I visited Dressel's Public House in St. Louis.  I got a table outside to fully enjoy the weather.  I was there in the early evening in the summertime when the sun was warm and hung in the sky relatively late in the evening.   It was very quiet and peaceful.  Somebody on the block was getting jazz piano lessons which echoed nicely off of the brick buildings.


Dressel's Public House is however on a street in St. Louis that they share with at least a dozen other eateries and bars. I'm guessing that this street is probably a lot of fun after the sun goes down.  I could easily imagine doing a pub-crawl here.  I wouldn't get a chance to find out first hand.


The waitress was very friendly.  She had a trainee in tow.  She was very knowledgeable about their menu and beer selection which was considerable.  I guess that should not have come as any surprise as this is a big beer-town.

I tried the Southside Ale.  This was a locally brewed light and yeasty beverage.  It was the perfect compliment for such a nice evening.

The food was also pretty good.  I got the spring onion and goat cheese tart which was kind of like a quiche except that the cheese was more gooey than fluffy.  It came with a mixed greens salad with bits of chicken.  The contrast in textures was really well done.    

Dessert was strong chocolate coffee flavored parfait.  I think the name was potacreme, but I'm not sure. Waitress said they had to whip up fresh cream.  It was extremely rich and filling. A few bites and I was done.


I gave Dressel's a 9.7.  It was all very good.  I kind of gave them the benefit of the doubt on the atmosphere because of the time that I showed up.  The inside was a really cool old pub.


Dressel's Public House
419 N Euclid Ave
St. Louis, MO 63108
(314) 361-1060
dresselspublichouse.com








No comments:

Post a Comment