Pages

Friday, March 1, 2013

Bun 'N' Barrel - San Antonio, TX

There is a lot of really good BBQ in Texas and as high as the BBQ bar in Texas is, this was REALLY good BBQ.

I got the sandwich combo which was a pick-two meats sandwich and some French fries. I chose turkey and ham. The thing that made this special was the poppy seed bun. It comes from a local bakery. Having a sandwich on bakery bread was really nice. I love the smell of bakery bread.

The second thing that made this BBQ special was that one of the BBQ sauce choices was a Thai BBQ sauce. It was a nice fusion of Asian and traditional smokey BBQ flavors. Just tread lightly because it is hot. (The waitress thankfully warned me. )

Service was good and friendly. The waitresses wore T-shirts celebrating 60th anniversary of the restaurant. So, they must be doing something right.

I sat inside but, they advertised curb-side service. There was also a cool, probably 1950's pick-up truck with the store logo on it outside.

I would rate Bun N Barrel a 9.6.  I'll be back!

Bun N Barrel
1150 Austin Hwy
San Antonio, TX 78288
(210) 828-2820
http://www.bunnbarrel.com





No comments:

Post a Comment