Pages

Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Parthenon Diner - Brandord, CT



The Parthenon Diner wasn't a Triple-D restaruant but it was very much a typical diner.  Enough so to make me want to review it.

Like any good diner, they had a glass cool case with lots of nice pastries front and center when you first walk in to get you thinking about desert while you are still hungry.

There was also a little model of the actual Parthenon on a shelf which was kind of comical.

I had the chicken soup to start out with because it was very cold outside on a chilly spring day.  I found it to be not too salty.  I half expected them to warm up some Campbell's soup.  So, I was pleasantly surprised when it wasn't.

I ordered the pastrami and cheese sandwich as part of the soup and sandwich special.  The quality of pastrami wad really good. It came with onion and tomato on rye bread.  The quality of the bread was also very good.

Service was okay.  Because it wasn't a triple-D restaurant, my expectation level was pretty low.  So, they get a bit of a pass.

Overall, I would rate Parthenon an 8.0.  It was a good diner.


Parthenon Diner
374 East Main Street
Branford, CT 06405
(203) 481-0333
www.parthenondiner.com












No comments:

Post a Comment