Pages

Thursday, August 15, 2013

Brints Diner - Wichita, KS (CLOSED)

Brint's diner has closed since I visited there in 2012.  I am not terribly surprised.  I did not see the DDD show on Brints but, my experience there was not great.

The service was exceptionally slow despite the fact that there was only one more table of people in the restaurant.  My waitress was not the most professional person.  She didn't know me but still felt comfortable complaining about her employer. The owner approached me later and tried to explain her behavior away.  It was all very strange.

Evidently from the menu, Guy liked the Cincinnati style chili spaghetti here.  I couldn't handle that kind of calorie count. So, I ordered the Ruben sandwich which was probably no better.

The Ruben was very average.  I pretty much had to inhale my lunch because I was almost out of lunchtime by the time it arrived.  I was underwhelmed.

I ranked Brint's 3.0 which was probably being generous.

Brint's Diner
4834 E Lincoln St
Wichita, KS 67216








1 comment:

  1. Brint's has recently reopened, under the same name. I came across a restaurant.com certificate for a "Terry's Diner" located at the same address. I was there today. Though there were only two of us in the diner it took some time to receive a double and a single cheeseburger with fries (seasoned curly). Apparently they do not officially open until the first of August, and they have several menu items that were not available due to this fact. The burgers were well worth the wait! It was one of the best burgers I have had in many years and will continue to go there just for such (assuming none of the variables change surrounding my exceptional burger.) The waitress was something left to be desired. She was not well versed on the menu and it's contents and had trouble answering some basic questions regarding food item specifics. In fact, she returned to our table after the order was submitted and asked if we wanted "all the fixins'" on our cheeseburgers. She also had her cellular phone hooked up to the establishment speakers playing 50's/60's genre music, which we much enjoyed, but stopped several times so she could make a phone call and answer some texts. All in all it was a pleasant experience!!!!

    ReplyDelete