Pages

Wednesday, October 1, 2014

Dough Pizzaria Napolitana - San Antonio, TX

The first thing that hits you about Dough Pizzaria Napolitano is that this place smells great. It's all bread making that is going on.  It's almost like stepping into a really good bakery albeit with an italian flavor.   

I ordered a cheese appetizer. The Burrata cheese was outstanding.  It came with a pesto sauce and balsamic vinegar along with some garlic and pickled peppers.  The bread was toasted and coated with olive oil. 


Service was very good. I have my waitress plus a couple of other people checking up on me regularly.


For the main course I ordered a small "Pork Love" pizza. The menu says Sopressata salami, sausage, pancetta, speck, house pulled mozzarella, tomato sauce.  Without exaggeration, this could be some of the best pizza I've ever had. But what was also really interesting was the fact that the pizza arrived no more than three minutes after record it.


I was chatting with my waitress about it. She said the restaurant is certified to call itself Napolitana.  Part of the certification is that they have to have the correct ovens. These ovens are wood-burning and are designed to cause a draft inside so that the temperatures inside will reach 800° F. They sometimes burn as hot as 1000°. So, once the raw pizza hits the oven it's only 90 seconds away from being completely cooked. Evidently some of the cooks have to arrive

very early to get the oven started and to bring them up to temperature.
I saw one of the waiters walked by with a long particular plate of different cheeses that looked really good. My waitress said that it was a sampler plate. I would recommend anyone coming here for the first time to order the sampler plate.


This restaurant was really not a diner, drive-in or a dive.  It was really a very nice place.They had a nice seating area outside also. The location was in a decent neighborhood in North San Antonio. 

I would rate Dough Pizzeria Napoletana a 9.7.  The food and service was that good.


Dough Pizzeria Napoletana
6989 Blanco Rd 
San Antonio, TX 78216
Phone:(210) 979-6565
www.doughpizzeria.com










No comments:

Post a Comment