Pages

Sunday, April 1, 2012

La Derniere Goutte - Paris France

In my ever-expanding scope of Bill's Triple-D Restaurant Review with things that are neither Triple-D nor Restaurants, I'd like to review the best wine shop that I have ever been to, La Derniere Goutte not surprisingly in Paris, France.

I have not been there in quite a while (10 years) but, it still remains my benchmark for wine and liquor shops.

The things that made this wine shop stand out were first, it is in Paris where it seems like everything has some magic pixie dust sprinkled on it.  It is hard to explain.  You just have to experience it.

We got some outstanding personal attention which lead us to buy a case of assorted wine.  The best decision that we made was to allow the owner to pick out an assortment for us.  We set a budget for the whole case then just stood back.  I think that the average price per bottle worked out to about $15.  The quality was outstanding.

We were living in Stuttgart at the time and were able to find some of the same brands at our local wine shop.  We moved back to Texas shortly thereafter and were only able to find one brand for a short while, Morgon.

My wife had found this place a few months prior.  She and some of her friends did a girls' weekend in Paris.  One of the friends actually owned an apartment there and knew her way around pretty well and brought her there.

I was disappointed that I had forgotten the name of this place until I ran across their business card in my desk.  I was really glad that this survived moving and house cleanings in the meantime.

The shop is still there and there is information on the internet.  Dr. Vino wrote a good blog posting on La Derniere.  It is a good read.  I hadn't known any of this before.


La Dernière Goutte
6 rue Bourbon le Château
75006 Paris - France
http://www.ladernieregoutte.net
tel : 01 43 29 11 62





No comments:

Post a Comment