Pages

Friday, April 20, 2012

Walpole Village Tavern - Walpole, NH

Walpole, New Hampshire was an old, small typical New England town.  There was an old, perfectly kept white church, a small town green and and a town center with a stone horse trough that I'm sure is genuine and got plenty of use in its day.  It was a Kodachrome-colorful fall day with the leaves in typical New England bloom.

The Walpole Village Tavern looks like a very old building but it is modern inside. You walk into the bar area and go either right or left into the dining areas.

The service was pretty good.  I just saw one waitress who was also acting as the bar tender or vice versa, depending on your perspective.

I got the salmon biggie, just because I had no idea what a biggie was.  A biggie is just anything on a kaiser roll according to my waitress.  The salmon was in patty form.  This must be a New England thing because this was the second time that I ordered a salmon sandwich and a salmon patty sandwich showed up.  No complaints though because the sandwich was pretty good. The salmon was light, not too fishy or salty.  The bread was less kaiser roll and more english muffin.  A kaiser roll should have crunchy crust and a light bread inside.  This had a soft crust and a harder bread in the middle.  It was okay but, different than advertised.

I'd give the Walpole Village Tavern an 8.5 on the triple-D scale.  This was a non-Triple D restaruant.  A big shout out to yelp which is where I found out about this restaurant.  There were a bunch of mostly positive reviews there that I found really useful.


Walpole Village Tavern
10 Westminster St
Walpole, NH 03608
(603) 756-3703
http://www.yelp.com/biz/walpole-village-tavern-walpole




No comments:

Post a Comment