Pages

Sunday, May 20, 2012

Stamey's Barbecue - Greensboro, NC


According to their web site, Warner Stamey started this restaurant in 1938. It has been passed down through the family generations ever since.

I only did take-out here but even from the outside, this place had character.  There is no doubt that not a drop of liquid smoke was used in the production of Stamey's BBQ products.  They had piles of hand cut wood outside of their building with a sign warning any wood thieves to think again about it.

It wouldn't be fair of me to rate this restaurant because I don't feel like I fully experienced it.  I couldn't tell you a thing about their service because all I did was pull up at the drive through window, for example.

I can tell you what I did like.  The hush puppies were really good.  They were kind of long shaped, not the balls that you normally see.

I got the Brunswick stew.  This was a meat, bean, vegetable stew that was very filling and very good.  It was served very hot but not spicy at all.  Eating even a relatively small container of the stew with the hush puppies filled me up in no time at all. 

Stameys Barbecue
2206 High Point Road
Greensboro, NC 27403
336-299-9888
www.stameys.com




No comments:

Post a Comment