Pages

Friday, July 20, 2012

Main Street Bistro and Bakery - Grapevine, TX

Someone who runs the Main Street Bistro and Bakery knows what a real French cafe is like and has created a very good reproduction in Texas.  Some of the proof is in the little details like the type of marble in the tables that they use.  They were obviously trying to keep with the magic that is a French cafe.

There were also kitschy posters of French advertisement that looked like they were from the 1980's based on the hair styles.  

Breakfast is the best part of a French cafe for me.  A cafe is all about coffee and I especially love the morning breads and croissants.  Main Street Bistro and Bakery does a really good job with these.

The coffee was very high quality and they even steamed up some soy milk for me. So, kudos for good customer service.  Unlike a real French cafe, coffee refills were free.  God bless Texas.

I had the Parisienne plate which was scrambled eggs, a croissant, potato chunks and some bacon.  This was also not really what I would call authentic but, so what.  It was very good.  My wife had the french toast which was not at all what I would have recognized as french toast.  It was what I would call a cinnamon bread pudding with some powdered sugar on top.  I would highly recommend the french toast. 

The orange juice was bona fide fresh squeezed.  They must squeeze a bunch of oranges early in the morning into pitchers.  They have to mix the OJ up with a long spoon every time someone orders a glass.

We went home with some of the napolian pastries to have after dinner that night.  Again, the pastries were every bit as good as you would expect.

I suppose that a french cafe is kind of a dinner.  Otherwise, it is definitely not a drive-in or a dive.  I would rate MainStreet Bistro and Bakery a 8.5 on my scale.  It is a little bit different that what you would normally find in Texas.  The food is good and the service is good.  Check it out.


MainStreet Bistro and Bakery
316 S Main St
Grapevine, TX 76051
(817) 424-4333
http://www.themainbakery.com



1 comment:

  1. My family and I are vacationing in Grapevine. We're staying at a indoor water park hotel, but we want to explore the town as well. The food looks amazing, and we'll definitely be stopping by in a few weeks to try it out for ourselves!

    ReplyDelete