Pages

Friday, August 10, 2012

Ange Netta's Cafe and Bakery - Canfield, OH

Ange Netta's restaurant is a nice, comfortable, family friendly Italian bakery and restaurant.  It is absolutely not a dive.

It is a little off of the beaten track on a local side street.  I had the address and still had to hunt down the restaurant.  I almost blew it off.  Something that the Food Network's Alton Brown often says resonated throughout my visit; "your patience will be rewarded." This was not a DDD restaurant.   It did get good reviews on yelp which was how I found it.

When you first walk in, the bakery case is right in front of you.  So,  you have desert on the mind even before ordering your meal.  I'm sure more than one person has elected to skip right to desert for this reason.

After you get inside, there are pictures of babies everywhere. The prints are huge: probably12 foot tall in their frames. No doubt a photographer is a family or business friend. The artwork is really well done and sets the mood of the place. You expect the food service also to be creative, comfortable and well executed.

I thought of the clientele as a suburban mix. The crowd included business people, a lady's club and moms with kids. Easter decorations were everywhere and done with care.

Unlike practically every DDD restaurant, they offered some healthy choices. I started off with a garden salad. The blue cheese dressing was really good. It must have been made here fresh.

Service was a little slow.  Again, the voice of Alton Brown "your patience will be rewarded" rang through my head. And it was.

My entrée was healthy kale and wheat pasta with broccoli, potato and collared greens. There was no sauce per se. It was covered with a light olive oil and pinto beans. I found it to be Just the right amount of crunchy and a little peppery. Very nice!

I couldn't pass up desert I tried the banana foster bites. They were little square donuts, bananas, whipped cream, vanilla ice cream and strawberries. The hot donuts made the ice cream into a syrup. Ooo boy, this is good. We'll be skipping diner tonight. So, it went from healthy to decadent in just a few bites.

Ange Netta's almost doesn't belong in a DDD ranking but, I would give it a 7.5. The food was really good but the service and atmosphere were just okay.

Ange Netta's Cafe and Bakery
64 Cardinal Dr
Canfield, OH 44406
(330) 533-6090
http://www.angenettas.com/

.

No comments:

Post a Comment