Pages

Saturday, December 1, 2012

Hackneys - Glenview, IL

What kind of a dive has live Christmas carolers in Victorian costumes?  Guy might have visited here but, this was no dive! It was a really good restaurant with very good food and atmosphere.  It was all done up very nicely for the holidays.  So, not being a dive was not really a problem.

The carolers were actually very charming.  I was alone around Christmas time away from home, so I found the music comforting.  You can hear the music by clicking on the video clip below.

I was chatting with a couple at the next table. I turns out that their daughter was singing that night but, they had walked in just after she left the room. The music director was at another table. I thought that they were professional but, they were from the local high school.

I ordered the pretzel burger. The menu says that their own butcher prepares the meat and their own baker bakes all of their bread.  All I can say is that it tasted like they were telling the truth. 

Their beer selection seemed pretty good.  They had Spaten beer but I wasn't in much of a drinking mood.

Kind of an older crowd. Average age in the room was probably in the 60's.  It was very conservative; lots of Christmas sweaters that the kids make fun of but older folks don't care.  This is not very Triple-D like.

Service was good but not great. Nothing worth mentioning. 

I'd rate Hackney's a 7.5 on the triple-D scale.  It was a nice place with good food and mediocre service but, it wasn't really a triple-D restaruant in my opinion.  It wasn't a diamond in the rough.  It didn't have quirky or edgy aspect to it.

1514 E Lake Ave
(b/t Cariann Ln & Harms Rd)
Glenview, IL 60025
(847) 724-7171
http://www.hackneys.net/locations/glenview-lake/



No comments:

Post a Comment