Pages

Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Dads Kitchen - Sacramento, CA

Dad's Kitchen is kind of deceptive compared to what you see when you first drive up.  There are neon beer signs for cheap beers and the signage is cheap and hap-hazard.  When you first step in there are some old pinball machines set up.  Who plays those anymore?

It looks like a tiny hole in the wall restaurant but, when you get inside it just keeps going back to the back of the building then out into the little yard in the back.  I was pleasantly surprised to be wrong.  Both the food and the service were really good.

I ordered the onion rings with red bell pepper aioli to start.  I had to eat it with a knife and fork.  The onion taste and texture was really very pleasantly strong and crunchy.  It almost was a meal unto itself.  I had some help with me this day to eat it.  The aioli sauce was like something you would get from an expensive upscale restaurant.

I followed it up with dads chili pulled-pork sandwich.  As a Texan, we are not prone to praising anyone else's BBQ but, this was pretty good.  Guy steered us right this time.

Parking was kind of tight, but worth putting up with the bother.
I would rate Dad's a 9.8.  It was a dive but, not too much of a dive.  It had a cool atmosphere and the food was really something special.  I took three other people with me and they were all excited about what they ordered.  So, it was a hit with us.
Dad's Kitchen
2968 Freeport Boulevard 

Sacramento, CA 95818
(916) 447-3237
http://ilovedadskitchen.com/

















No comments:

Post a Comment