Pages

Tuesday, September 14, 2010

The Nook - St. Paul, MN

The Nook in St. Paul, MN is a neighborhood Irish bar restaurant.  The waitresses all wear green t-shirts with Gaelic-type print.  There is a lighted Guinness sign right in the middle of the place.  It was a friendly restaurant but, this is a place where beer is consumed by the pitcher so, leave the kids at home or take them elsewhere.

There service was maybe not the best that night.  I got the original burger, a vanilla malt, onion rings and asked for A-1 sauce.  At first they didn’t have any A-1.  Then they scraped one up some from the kitchen.  An honest mistake – no big deal.  When I was ready to leave I put my credit card down to pay the bill and had to wait a LONG while until they picked it up.
 
They have several newspaper articles and local magazine covers framed and displayed telling about their many awards for best burger in the Minneapolis / St. Paul area.

The food was pretty good by normal standards but, by triple-d standards, I would say that it was just okay.  I have a feeling that they are known for their double-stuffed burger.  I thought about it but, I just didn’t have the appetite for it that night.  So, maybe this review isn’t being totaly fair to the restaurant.  But, the triple-d reviews aren’t always fair to my cholesterol level.  So, we’ll just have to live with some balance in life.

If you're in the area then I would give it a try.  If you have the appetite for the double-stuffed burger then let us know what you thought.

The Nook
492 Hamline Avenue South
St. Paul, MN

No comments:

Post a Comment