Pages

Sunday, October 10, 2010

Fred's Texas Cafe - Fort Worth, TX

Fred's Texas Cafe is tucked away on a side street in downtown Fort Worth.   Right away, you're reminded why Fort Worth is called "Cowtown."  This IS Texas, no doubt about it.

Everything from the loud friendly voices, cowboy boots and Tex-Mex food screams Texas.  It's got a funky vibe at the same time.  I actually got the feeling that we were more in hippie Austin than rough and tumble Cowtown.  There's local music and the feeling of a counter culture,  Lone Star style.

We hit the Sunday brunch just to check this place out.  I got the Migas because I had no idea what it was and was in the mood for an adventure.  I'm glad that I did.

The Wikipedia definition of Tex-Mex Migas described what I ate better than I could: "scrambled egg sauteed in butter or oil with torn strips of corn tortillas, diced onions, sliced chile peppers, diced fresh tomatoes, and cheese, plus various spices and condiments (e.g. salsa, pico de gallo). Migas are typically served with refried beans, and corn or flour tortillas are used to enfold all of the ingredients into tacos."

I can tell you this:  It was GOOD, but there was way too much of it!  We washed our food down with a couple of mamosas.  I thought that serving alcohol on Sunday before noon was against the law but, I wasn't about to complain. 

Fred's gets a solid thumbs up from me!

915 Currie Street
Fort Worth, Texas
(817) 332-0083






.

No comments:

Post a Comment