Pages

Thursday, November 1, 2012

Twisted Root - Dallas, TX

There are a few Twisted Root restaurants in the Dallas/Ft. Worth area.  I've been going to the one in Roanoke since they opened up probably a year ago.  But it was the original restaurant in Dallas which was featured on the Food Network.  So, I've been holding off on my review.

I'm glad that I did because the original restaurant definitely has a different personality.  The one in Roanoke is more tailored to the suburbs where it is.  The Dallas location is more edgy.  It is in the Deep Elum section of Dallas which is a bit more edgy.  The bar tenders are more heavily pierced and tattooed.  The graffiti is harder and funnier.  Except for the silly Chuck Norris comments everywhere.  There was obviously an inside joke that I didn't get.

You can order any kind of food that you want as long as it is a burger.  They have normal beef, ostrich, buffalo, turkey burgers, you name it.  It is all really very good.  The onion rings are perfectly done fresh.

There was a football game going on when I was there on a Saturday afternoon.  The beer was flowing freely and the crowd was really excited.

I would rate the Twisted Root a 9.6.  I almost wanted to rate it lower because I am there all of the time so I am used to it.  But for someone who had never been, I think that they would definitely enjoy it.  The atmosphere was good and the burgers are great.  It is without a doubt a classic triple-D restaurant.


The Twisted Root
2615 Commerce St.
Dallas, Texas 75295
214-741-7668
twistedrootburgerco.com






No comments:

Post a Comment