Pages

Sunday, October 10, 2010

The Oinkster - Los Angeles (Eagle Rock), California

L.A. is another one of those cities that has a lot of Triple-D restaurants.  I had hit a few other Triple-D restaurants earlier in the week that I was in L.A. last  August and was still full from my previous caloric overloads.  This was despite the fact that I [for legal reasons, may or may not have] hiked up to the Hollywood sign right before my restaurant visit.  The Oinkster isn't a place that you want to show up with with the "I could eat" kind of appetite.  You need to show up wicked-hungry because this is high-protein and carbs comfort food kind of place.

When in Rome, do like the Romans and when in L.A., you have to order the Oinkster sandwich.  The Oinkster sandwich is prepared with Pastrami, gruyere cheese, caramelized onion and red cabbage slaw.  It is a hunger killer.  I liked it but, I wasn't crazy about it.  To be fair, I think that it was because I was forcing myself to eat.  I just wasn't in the mood for anything let alone a 600 calorie sandwich which I couldn't even come near finishing.

Atmosphere-wise, The Oinkster is a typical Triple-D neighborhood restaurant.  This neighborhood was more on the upscale side than typical Triple-D restaurants though.  It is in Southern California so, they get good use out of the outdoor patio seating.

I'd still say that this place is worth checking out if you are in the neighborhood.  The sandwich alone is almost $10.  That's a little expensive for most parts of the country but, this is L.A.  So, it was a relative bargain.

2005 Colorado Blvd.
Eagle Rock, CA 90041
(323) 255-6465

No comments:

Post a Comment