Pages

Sunday, October 10, 2010

Pawleys Front Porch - Columbia, South Carolina

Pawleys Front Porch is another Triple-D Hamburger bar-restaurant.  It was a good burger but, by Triple-D standards, I'd say that it was mediocre. 

They liked to play up the "Guy Fieri ate here" thing which was kind of cool until you figure out that they probably got featured just by the grace of God.  I was not convinced why this was anyplace special.  The menu was okay.  They had some heart-attack inducing mega-hamburger options that might have caught someone's eye.  But, I can't eat too much of that nor should anyone, in my humble opinion. That alone is not enough to hook me.

The atmosphere was just okay.  It was a neighborhood bar that served burgers and other things.  There were a few people knocking back beers in the middle of the day.  There were a few tables of retirees hanging out jibber jabbering.  I get the impression that it is probably a pretty popular after-work place to come for drinks.

Unfortunately, I would probably drive by this restaurant next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment