Pages

Sunday, October 10, 2010

Skylark Diner - Edison, New Jersey

The Skylark Diner in Edison, New Jersey is probably one of my top-5 of all Triple-D restaurants.  I rank it up there with Chef Point Cafe as a place that I will go long out of my way to visit if I can.

I have been to the Skylark Diner probably about five times.  I've had several of the dishes here and it has never disappointed me.  I have even taken some work friends here.  The verdict is pretty much unanimous.  When near Edison, we go to the Skylark Diner for at least one meal.
 
There are a lot of diners in New Jersey.  Guy even did a Jersey diner special on them.  This was one of them.  For one diner to stand out amongst the many diners in the state is really saying something.  One of my favorite things to order is the lobster bisque.  I can not quite describe the flavor.  All I can say is that it is the best that I have ever had.   They have a chocolate counter near the cash register.  I saw a flavor that I could not have even dreamed of, olive oil and sea salt chocolate.  A dude behind the counter that I assumed was one of the managers was talking my ear off about how good their chocolate was.  Being the gullible traveler that I am, I decided to pony up the $5 for one little ball of this stuff to see how good it was.  It really was good.  I don't know how many times I would be willing to pay that much for any chocolate but, at least I can say that I've experienced it once in my lifetime.

In terms of atmosphere, this is definitely not a dive.  You might recognize the photo at the bottom of the post because it is the one that I use for my blog title background.  It is a somewhat upscale retro-diner.  The waiters and waitresses could have come from a much more ritzy restarant.  They are all in neat uniforms and are professional.  Nobody at this diner is going to call you "hun."

This is a must try if you are in the area.


17 Wooding Ave
Edison, NJ 08817-3865
(732) 777-7878

3 comments:

  1. Bombay Talk Restaurant is the Best restaurant in edison nj. I've been here many times over the years for various wedding and wedding related functions.
    http://www.bombaytalkusa.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. South Indian Food is a wonderful blend of flavors, colors, seasoning, nutritional balance, aroma, flavor and appearance. After preliminary work with long term begins in rice.
    <a href="http://www.bombaytalkusa.com/”>South Indian food</a>

    ReplyDelete
  3. This recipe looks mouthwatering! I can almost smell the fragrant spices through my screen. The combination of flavors you've used here is genius. I can't wait to try this out for dinner tonight. Thanks for sharing such a delicious recipe!
    For more incredible recipes and culinary inspiration. It's my go-to destination for all things food-related, and I'm constantly amazed by the creativity and talent of the contributors. Keep up the fantastic work!
    Visit Website: https://www.deccanspice.com/

    ReplyDelete